2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECTInformation that is necessary for the use of the PEXP24 platform. We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the PEXP24 platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the successful accommodation exchange. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
• Account Information. When you sign up for PEXP24 account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, citizenship and home address.
• Profile Information. To use certain features of the platform, we ask you to provide additional information, which may include description of the property and profile pictures.
• Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID).
• Payment Information. To use certain features of the platform, we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments
• Communications with other members. When you communicate via PEXP24 platform with other members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
Our website collects automatically certain information and stores it in log files. This information may include the IP address, region, or general location where your computer or device is connected to the Internet, the type of browser used, the operating system, and other usage-related information, e.g. visits to pages. We use this information to make our online environment better, easier and more user-friendly. We may also use your IP address to diagnose problems on our server, to administer the website, to analyze trends, to track page visitors activity on the page, and to gather more in-depth demographic information to better determine the preferences of our online visitors. We will use a secure online connection to protect your personal information.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECTYour personal data will mainly be used to provide you the accommodation exchange service. Personal information is also used to update our online environment to suit your preferences, interests, needs, and to better understand your desires and preferences, and to improve our online service delivery. Your personal information will be shared with other members, which is essential for the accommodation exchange.
We may also share your personal information if such need arises from crime investigation, litigation, meeting your vital needs, in connection with a sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, financing, liquidation, dissolution, or other similar corporate action. In such cases, we confirm that we will take all necessary measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected.
5. SHARING OF INFORMATIONYour personal data including full name and exact address are kept confidential and are only released to members you have accepted exchange with. Non-members can see only your first name, home main picture and approximate location within secure margin of error. To help facilitate exchange between members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the exchange between you and other member as follows:
• When you as a guest submit a exchange request, certain information about you is shared with the host, including your profile, full name, the full name of any additional guests, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your exchange is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the exchange.
• When you as a host have confirmed exchange, certain information is shared with the guest, to coordinate the exchange, such as your profile, full name, phone number and address.
We don’t share your billing information with other members. Your information in bookkeeping documents is preserved as required by law.
PEXP24 platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public as follows:
• Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your home description, home main picture and city, are publicly visible to others.
Hosts may need to use third party services to assist with managing their accommodation or providing additional services requested by you, such as cleaning services. Hosts are responsible for third party service providers they use and ensuring those service providers process guest information securely and in compliance with applicable law including data privacy and data protection laws.
You may access and update some of your information through your account settings. If you have chosen to connect your PEXP account through to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission by changing your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date. When registering your account you accept your personal data usage on terms above.
Find out more about the rights of the data subject here: General Data Protection Regulation